Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Ultimate Setup: Sports Illustrated

I just wanted to post up a link that I've been looking at a lot lately. Through surfing the internet, I found an article provided by Microsoft that shows the different aspects of sports photography, primarily the camera and strobe setup. I found this really interesting because I'm familiar with the pocket wizard and multiple camera setup, its like the setup used by Scott Brown, just kicked up a few notches. They have a computer wireless connected to each camera being used on-location, including the remote and hand-held cameras. All cameras are also tied into the strobes that are setup in the rafters overhead, they're using 7 strobe heads per corner of the arena, meaning a total of 28 strobes. Thats pretty insane if you ask me. I can't really describe the rest of whats going on, all I know is that they use a wireless controller called a "flash wizard 2" which is a pocket wizard on steroids. Check out the article and get a better idea of how their setup operates. Here is the link, there is also a second part to the article, be sure to check it out.

Sports Illustrated Final Four Camera Setup

No comments: