Thursday, March 6, 2008

Results from lacrosse





Well, it seems my project is taking a little different direction than i had originally intented. For some reason, people keep trying to steer me away from the stock
sports photography that I had my heart set on, now i'm going more into the photojournalistic approach to the team. I've tried to dig a little deeper and photograph the aspects of the game you typically don't see in Sports Illustrated or ESPN, its turning more into a photo essay than sports photos. Sure, i do want to throw some in there, because those are the kinds of photos I take, but I am trying to make this into something that usually doesn't come from me. There are a few artists I've been looking at, i'll have to add them up after this post, I really do need a few more research posts for this semester, I've been looking at tons of images, I just haven't had the time to actually sit down and talk about them one by one, instead I've been shooting non-stop, maybe not for this class, but a combination of all of them have kept me on my feet for quite a while. I will post up 2 images that I really liked from the finals, I'm still having some trouble narrowing them down because i took so many photos, and dont' want them to go to waste. At the same time, I feel like I need more time to look over them, see how the flow of the body is going and where i need to fill in some gaps. Dont mind the editing though, I haven't color corrected or any of that stuff yet, just posting some preliminary shots.

No comments: