Sunday, April 20, 2008

Swift Creek

This weekend was a perfect chance to get out and do some shooting. I drove all the way out to Swift Creek aka. the middle of nowhere, but once I got out there, it was like youth lacrosse heaven. They had somewhere around 10 different teams playing on Saturday, lots of different ages, teams from different locations, it really turned out to be a lot of fun, and the kids loved the camera. There was one team I've been following around a little bit, Swift Creek Miners, which are actually a really talented bunch of kids, the kicked some ass over the weekend. Most of them recognized me from their last shoot, so they were real comfortable in front of the camera, i got to talk with them, joke around a little bit. Its always nice to just b.s. with kids about the sport and just have some fun while i'm shooting, it was a good time all around. The coaches are all down to earth and appreciate all the photos I'm taking, they let me get in there, wherever i want, works out really good, I'll just hook them up with some photos. They have more games this weekend, only they're in Nags Head, so I won't be able to get to those games, but I'd love to.

At the moment, I'm still looking through all the photos, workflow, etc. I will have them posted up tomorrow, but as for now, I'm still in the process of weeding out the good and the bad, which takes a long time when you're shooting a couple thousand photos a day. None of these will be done by the senior show, but they'll definitely be in the final critique. Besides that, can't say theres much more to say, I'm just gonna keep shooting. If i get the chance, I may try and make it out that way again this upcoming weekend, so I can get a few more good photos before the end of the school year, just want to help my chances as much as possible. Plus, I've been getting a good tan and having a great time meeting new people and shooting sports, its what I live for.

No comments: