Sunday, April 13, 2008

Lacrosse over the weekend

I went back to Charlottesville to see some family and attend a lacrosse game (UVA vs. Duke). The game didn't turn out how I wanted, but overall it was a great experience. We wound up going with a good crowd, which always helps. We showed up early, about 3 hours before the game, so I had plenty of time to walk around and shoot photos of the tailgating, i was trying to capture the culture around the game, eventhough I missed some of shots I wanted, like the huge crowd walking into the game. I did get some great shots of these two brothers playing lacrosse in the parking lot, and another kid playing goalkeeper, while tailgating with his family. I haven't had the chance to download and look through the photos yet, but I think I came up with some good ones. I also shot a team photo of a youth team from Chesterfield, I saw them warming up prior to the game, turns out, they were playing a small match during halftime, got to talking with the coach, and i'm going to photo game some of their games over next weekend. So I did make some good contacts, so I plan to get some good photos before the end of the semester. I got a few photos of the action from the game, but I wasn't really trying to concentrate on that this time, plus I didn't have the equipment to come up with quality photos, so I focused more on the crowd around the game, etc. Now that I think of it, I probably should've moved around a lot more, but anytime the game is going, i tend to stand still so I can follow the action. But i really should've climbed the top of the bleachers and gotten a shot of the crowd all over the field, it would've made a good one. I hope to download these photos tonight, while i'm stuck in Charlottesville for another night, i'll try and look through them and narrow down some photos to post along with the blog entry. They should be posted tomorrow after my meeting with Paul.

No comments: