Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Pro Practice

I just wanted to write my first response to the class "Pro Practice", which had its first meeting tonight. Honestly, just like all my other classes' first meetings, I wanted it to last about 5 minutes, reading over the syllabus and getting out quick, the Red Sox are playing the Yankees. But after learning a little bit more about our teacher, "Stretch" Ledford, I was really excited about the class. He just did a photo job for Nike, and that was really up my alley. From what I've gotten so far, we're going to learn how to write estimates, copyrights; the business side of photography, which for me, is going to be important. Working in the field, these are things that are going to be important, so i'm not worried about the work load. However, i was extremely surprised about some responses in the class. For the beginning of class, we did introductions, and were asked "what do you want to do with photography in a career?". Most people replied, "i don't know", "i don't want to work in photography", or "studio photos". To be caught up in an intense program like photography, why would you continue to go through with it, if you already knew you didn't want to work in the field? I guess I'm not too concerned about everyone elses futures. The less people out of my class going into the field, the more chance I have at making it all the way. This semester is going to make me think, and work a lot towards me future, I'm pretty siked about that.

To finish this post, a little personal reflection from the day. I'm pretty pissed that the Yankees beat the Red Sox tonight, we had our ace pitcher on the mound (Josh Beckett), should've been in the bag. I guess this one game isn't a big deal, the Yankees don't stand a chance for a spot in the post-season this year, being 7 games behind the Red Sox in the AL East, its lights out. We still have one more game in the series, lets see if we can pull one out. This was a little off topic compared the the previous paragraph, but sports are important to me, especially the teams I love, that definitely includes the Red Sox. Football season starts this weekend too, I can almost guarantee you I won't do anything but watch football from 12 to whenever. I hope to get a little research done at least.


No comments: