Thursday, April 10, 2008

Hitting a snag

Well, the plan was to go out and photograph some high school girl's lacrosse, only it didn't work out all according to plan. I wake up yesterday morning, only to find that my car is nowhere to be found, and I had no idea what happened to it. Turns out, my car got towed, so I spent the whole day calling around, trying to find out where it could possibly be. It was a real pain in the ass, but these things happen. The game was scheduled for 4:30 yesterday, but having no transportation, I had to skip the shoot yesterday. There are plenty of remaining games in the season, so I'm not stressing too much, I'm going to a huge lacrosse game over the weekend. We're going to show up a few hours early, do some tailgating, I'm sure there is going to be tons of people doing the same, my plan is to try and document people coming together before the game, hanging out, throwing around lacrosse, get the interaction between fans and the game, father and son, stuff like that. Thats one thing I'd really like to follow, because at that age, a lot of sports are father, son kind of activities, so being able to capture that would be great. I have a family event going on this weekend also, which means lots of my little cousins will be there to play around, and the weather should be perfect for lacrosse, i was going to bring a few sticks, get them to play around with each other, see if I could stage a few shots, it should work just the same. I think getting the younger age is important for the series, I need to get a big range of diversity with age for this to be as successful, otherwise it still does feel like stock photos, which is want I want to get away from a little in this series. I think going with something completely separate from sports would've been easier for me to gain an outside perspective, but I can't find myself getting away from sports anytime soon, I absolutely love them.

I do think my photos are turning out good though, I'm not stressing the end of the semester all that much. The website is coming to an end, just need to do a few minor things over the weekend, I should be able to wrap up the majority of the site though, just need to get a domain name and hosting. I may be able to talk my brother into hosting it for a few weeks, then once the show is over, just take it down, not a big deal to me. Besides that, I just need to edit my photos, which some are already done, so that helps, but just size them differently, one for the final prints and the others for the portfolio. Can't say theres much more that needs to be done, I'm pretty good to go.

No comments: