Friday, April 11, 2008

Finishing up the semester

Personally, the stress hasn't gotten to me yet, and I hope it doesn't. This is my last semester of college, I want to space everything out, well-planned and organized so I can move into the final few weeks with as little stress as possible. The website is close to finished, I have photos already edited and ready to print, I just need to shoot a few more games/lacrosse before final critique, see if I can get a few more solid images. I don't want to stretch out the final number of photos too much, but it would be nice to assure myself a well-rounded body of work. I'm shooting over the weekend, lacrosse and baseball, I'm also going to try and shoot some more "staged" lacrosse photos of my nephews playing around with sticks. It will be kind of posed, but I wanted to show a younger age group in a less formal environment, rather than playing on a team, just show people play lacrosse whenever and wherever. We'll see how it goes. Besides that, I just need to start jumping on the editing for the photos, once they're editing for the finals, I can crop down a little bit in order to fit them into the portfolio, shouldn't take much time at all. If I can get that done, it should make the rest of my semester much easier. I'll just bring the rough finals into the Fine Arts Building and use they're nice macs to edit, shouldn't take me much time at all. I just want to make sure I finish strong at the end of the semester and not taper off. I need some good grades at the end to pull myself up a little, I've been posting a bunch and giving a lot of participation, which I think will help.

No comments: